Woodland, Natural & Green Burial & Funeral Options
Simply put natural burial is the process of burying a body in the soil as naturally as possible.
- Nothing must inhibit the natural recycling of a body.
- Embalming is neither necessary nor good for the environment.
- Coffins or burial shrouds are made from natural materials (e.g. Willow/felt).
- Grave depth is less than a ‘traditional’ plot thereby accelerating decomposition.
- The visual commemorative element is nature itself, not row upon row of headstones.
For further reading about natural, woodland and green funeral options we recommend the Good Funeral Guide whose website is: