Meaningful resting places for cremation ashes
To learn more call 01234 780 280
Memorial Services can be held at our barrows
- Our barrows are available for services, irrespective of a family owning a niche or not
- Use of the barrow is Free of Charge for niche owners
- A modest fee is charged for families using the barrow who don't own a niche
- Guests are limited to 'single household members only'
- Please DO NOT attend a service if anyone in your household has Covid -19 symptoms
- The barrow gate will be disinfected prior to and after your service
- Please ask all guests to wear gloves & observe 2 meter social distancing
- Services can be held on any week day (subject to availability) between 9am - 5pm
- Guest numbers are restricted, please call us to learn more
- Guidance for arranging services
- The Government's latest advice latest can be found here: Gov.UK
Freedom to celebrate your loved one’s life as you wish
We will help you create a funeral or memorial service that best honours the person whose life you are celebrating.
Our barrows provide a secular resting place with no restrictions about religion or ritual, which songs you may sing, how loudly you laugh or cry, or how long your service can take. Use of the barrow is free for the day of your service.
Your loved one’s ashes will be placed inside a niche with a stone facade. It is possible to commission a personalised design for the facade or a glass panel which can be opened if you wish to have access to the urn. Single, double and multi-urn niches are available, and you can pass them on from one generation to the next.
A place of pilgrimage
When we talk to people about their experience of being in the barrow, they say it feels like coming home. Walking up to the barrow gives you time to settle your mind and leave everyday life behind.
Open Days & Private Ceremonies:
We will be hosting the following public open days using an appointment based system: Please select the link below to book tickets.
Soulton Long Barrow Open weekend - Revealing the 2nd chamber
Sat 27th June & Sunday 28th June. Tickets can be pre- booked here.
Willow Row Barrow - Saturday 11th July. Tickets for this event will be available soon.
For private viewings or advice please contact us
As seen on BBC Country File
In this short film families talk openly about their own experiences and why they chose to use a Barrow to create a unique memorial for their loved ones ashes.
What we offer
● An alternative to crematorium-based services and memorials.
● A funeral or memorial service. Use of the barrow is free of charge, and without time constraints.
● Niches for single urns, couples & families. All niches come with a stone facade.
● No limit on how many urns or sets of ashes are placed within a multi-urn niche.
● Scattering ashes and tree planting options.
● Flexible, renewable terms.
● The ability for families to pass their niche on to future generations.
Willow Row Barrow in Cambridgeshire
Soulton Long Barrow in Shropshire
We also designed and built the Mid-England Barrow in Warwickshire.
We hold regular open days at our barrows. Take a walk around the site, see what it is like inside, and ask us any questions you wish. Find out more and see the dates for our upcoming open days.
What people say about choosing a barrow:
“The barrow, its shape, its natural stone, its location, instantly gave me the same feeling of the past being an essential part of the present, of our lives being a shared history. Of peace and calm and connection. And I am drawn to the barrow as a place of rest and pilgrimage for exactly those reasons.” - Anna
" I have never seen anything quite as spectacular as Willow Row barrow. After losing my brother-in-law, it was imperative to find something as beautiful as his soul for him to rest and this is exactly what we found here at Willow Row barrow." - Alix
Testimony recorded by the BBC at an open day hosted by Sacred Stones
Latest from the Soulton Long Barrow Build