Beautiful places for cremation ashes
To learn more call 01234 780 280
- Our barrows are available for services, irrespective of a family owning a niche or not
- Use of the barrow is Free of Charge for niche owners
- A modest fee is charged for families using the barrow who don't own a niche
- Guest numbers are limited, call to discuss
- Please DO NOT attend a service if anyone in your household has Covid -19 symptoms
- The barrow gate will be disinfected prior to and after your service
- Guests are asked to observe social distancing
- Services can be held on any week day (subject to availability) between 9am - 5pm
- Guidance for arranging services
- The Government's latest advice latest can be found here: Gov.UK
Freedom to celebrate your loved one’s life as you wish
Let us help you create a funeral or memorial service that best honours the person whose life you are celebrating.
Our barrows provide a beautiful resting place with no restrictions about religion or ritual, which songs you may sing, how loudly you laugh or cry, or how long your service can take. Use of the barrow is free for the day of your service.
Your loved one’s ashes will be placed inside a niche with a stone facade. It is possible to commission a personalised design for the facade or a glass panel which can be opened if you wish to access to the urn. Single, double and multi-urn niches are available, and you can pass them to your next generation.
A place of pilgrimage
Talking to people about their experience of being in the barrow, they say it feels like coming home. Walking up to the barrow gives you time to settle your mind and leave everyday life behind.
Open Days & Private Ceremonies:
Public open days use an appointment based system:
Willow Row Barrow
Saturday 17th October Open Day 10am - 4pm Tickets available here
Saturday 24th October Barrow Closed - Private Memorial 10am - 4pm
Sunday 25th October Barrow Closed - Private Placement service 10am - 4pm
Soulton Long Barrow
Saturday 24th October - Open Day 10 am - 4 pm Tickets available here
For private viewings or advice please contact us
As seen on BBC Countryfile
In this short film families talk openly about their own barrow experiences.
What we offer
● An alternative to crematorium-based services & memorials.
● A funeral or memorial service. Use of the barrow is free of charge & without time constraints.
● Niches for single urns, couples & families. All niches come with a stone facade.
● No limit on how many sets of ashes are placed within a multi-urn niche.
● Scattering ashes and tree planting options.
● Flexible, renewable terms.
● Pass your niche to your children.
Willow Row Barrow in Cambridgeshire
Soulton Long Barrow in Shropshire
We also designed and built the Mid-England Barrow in Warwickshire.
We hold regular open days at our barrows. Take a walk around the site, see what it is like inside, and ask us any questions you wish. Find out more and see the dates for our upcoming open days.
What people say about choosing a barrow:
“The barrow, its shape, its natural stone, its location, instantly gave me the same feeling of the past being an essential part of the present, of our lives being a shared history. Of peace and calm and connection. And I am drawn to the barrow as a place of rest and pilgrimage for exactly those reasons.” - Anna
" I have never seen anything quite as spectacular as Willow Row barrow. After losing my brother-in-law, it was imperative to find something as beautiful as his soul for him to rest and this is exactly what we found here at Willow Row barrow." - Alix
Testimony recorded by the BBC at an open day hosted by Sacred Stones
Latest from the Soulton Long Barrow Build